Macro bowls are the “choose your own adventure” of healthy and delicious eating. Similar to a rice bowl and a simplified form of balanced eating, they’re typically comprised of a grain base, raw or cooked veggies, a protein of your choice and a healthy fat like avocado, hummus or a tasty homemade dressing. They’re called macro bowls because they hit all your macronutrients: carbs, protein and fat. From Asian to Mexican to Italian, any of your favorite cuisines can be broken down into a macro bowl that will actually make you fall in love with healthy, clean eating. Your only dilemma will be which one to make first!
1. Macro Bowl With Carrot-Ginger-Almond Sauce: Everyone’s favorite sushi restaurant salad dressing tops this veggie-filled dinner. Buy pre-cooked rice to make this recipe even easier and quicker to get on the table after work. (via Coconut and Berries)
2. Macro Bowl With Turmeric-Tahini Dressing: Dust off that jar of tahini you bought to make hummus and put it to good use as a macro bowl dressing. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, which make this healthy bowl a perfect way to refuel after a hard workout. (via Keepin’ It Kind)
3. Get-Healthy Macro Bowls: Mix together a fermented carrot salad, quinoa and black beans for this healthy bowl. Whip up the garlicky tahini dressing and you have a meal fit for a (healthy) queen! (via A House in the Hills)
4. Roasted Vegetable Bulgur Bowl With Lamb Meatballs: Macro bowls become a date night-worthy dinner with the addition of lamb meatballs in this dish. Bulgur is a delicious switch up on the traditional whole grain favorites like quinoa or brown rice too. (via Uproot Kitchen)
5. Soba Noodles With Roasted Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Eggs: Soba noodles are a great gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta because they are made from buckwheat flour (which, despite the name, is not actually a wheat or grain). Their nutty flavor enhances the umami flavor of mushrooms and eggs in this bowl. (via Cook Nourish Bliss)